Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Travelling to Anchorage

I've always enjoyed watching the landscape from an airplane, but flying to Alaska brought some astoundingly beautiful scenery as the clouds were often few and the mountainous land was vast. At times the clouds and mountains shared the space making us feel like we had a bit of heaven. Tom and I lucked out on a nearly full plane except for the middle seat between Tom by the aisle and me by my window. Our friends leaving from Detroit made it out a little after 2:30 (scheduled to leave at 11:40) with a connection in Philadelphia to leave at 4 for Anchorage. They are due to arrive 2 hours after us.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures Ann! I saw this story online and thought you might find in interesting reading!

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/alaskan-tourists-assailed-collapsing-glacier-ice-225644873.html

    ReplyDelete